- What personal information we gather and how.
- How we use the personal information we gather.
- With whom we may share or disclose your personal information and for what purposes.
- Our use of your personal information for our marketing purposes.
- How you can request we modify or delete your personal information.
- How you can contact us with questions or feedback about your personal information.
- “Personal information” means any information, alone or in combination, that identifies or could lead to the identification of a natural person.
- “Customers” are individuals who purchase a ticket from us or through a partner that uses our platform to offer and sell tickets.
- “Organizers” are promoters, venue managers or others who organize events and contract with us to offer and sell tickets to an event(s).
The Website and Services are provided, managed and owned by Cymbal, Inc., a California corporation located at 1249 Dolores Street, San Francisco, CA 94110 USA.
The Information We Gather
Information Gathered from Customers
If you want to purchase a ticket to an event through our Website, you first need to open an account with us by providing your name, mobile phone number and email address. When you sign back into your account, you will need to provide your mobile telephone number to access your account. We will send you a unique access code to your mobile phone via SMS message when you set up your account and each time you sign back in.
In addition, we collect the following information directly from you:
1. Purchase and Payment Information: When you purchase a ticket from us, we keep a record of the purchase and associate it with your account. You will also need to provide your payment information to make a purchase, such as a credit or debit card number. Payments are processed through third party payment processors (such as Stripe). This information also is associated with your account so you do not have to re-enter it each time you purchase a ticket.
2. Special Accommodations: Let us know if you or someone in your group needs a special accommodation to access and attend an event. This information will be associated with your account so it can be accessed for future events you purchase a ticket to attend.
3. Contact Information: We will use your mobile phone number and/or email address as your contact information. If, for example, there are special conditions to attend an event or an event cancellation or postponement that you need to know, we will use this information to contact you.
4. Demographics: We may ask you to fill out a survey or answer a questionnaire to help us improve our Website and Services, which may ask you to provide some demographic information about yourself (such as age, gender, race, past events attended, types of events you like, etc.) This information is kept anonymous and will not be associated with your account.
5. Communications with us. We may communicate with you to the email you provide or, if you consent, by an SMS message to your mobile phone number that you give us. Consent to receive SMS messages is not a condition of any purchase.
6. Other Communications: If you call or email us, we will associate this information with you and your account, such as if you have a question about a ticket you have purchased or want information about an upcoming event. We also have a “Contact Us” page on our Website (help.chainpass.co/en-US) to get help you may need.
Information from Organizers
Organizers are asked to provide us with their professional contact information (name, business email address and telephone number) to manage the business relationship.
Information We Collect Automatically
Whenever you visit our Website, we automatically collect information regarding how you do so and how you use the Website and Services. This information may vary but likely will include the date and time of access to the Website, the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer or device requesting a page, regional or country location, the pages requested, computer and connection information such as device and browser type and operating system. We do not associate this statistical information with your personal information that we otherwise collect or your account. We may use third party analytics providers to help us understand and use this statistical data to improve the Website and Services.
Information Collected from Other Sources
We may obtain information about you from other sources, including social media platforms like Facebook or Instagram that you use to connect with us. If you use a third-party service to access our Website and Services, link to us, or communicate with us, we may receive certain information about you from the third party based on your registration and privacy settings on those third-party services. This information may include name, user name, demographic information, location information, updated address or contact information, interests, and publicly-observed data, such as from social media and online activity.
How We Use and Share Your Information
When You Attend an Event
Each ticket is associated with the specific Consumer who purchased it. We will provide you with a unique QR code to display on your smartphone or other mobile device to show to the Organizer, who will confirm the QR code to grant access to the event. We will disclose your name and email address to the Organizer when you purchase a ticket. The Organizer can use this information to advise you about an event change or special conditions or to confirm that you have a ticket for the event. An Organizer may also use your email to send you messages about upcoming events you may be interested in.
To Contact You
We may use your contact information to inform you about an event for which you have purchased a ticket, upcoming events you may be interested in, other products or services we offer, conduct surveys, notify you of expiring discounts or other offers, problems with your payment or other technical or transaction issue. These communications may be sent to you via email or SMS message (if you opted in).
We may use your personal information to inform you about upcoming events that may be of interest to you based on your past purchases. In addition, Organizers may use your name and email address they receive from us when you purchase a ticket to send you messages about upcoming events or other offers that may interest you. As further described below, you can unsubscribe from receiving marketing or promotional emails or SMS messages. However, please note that you cannot opt out of receiving transactional or account-related messages from us about a purchased ticket or the status of your account. However, we also do not control marketing messages from Organizers that they may send to your email address.
Statistics and Analysis
The record of your ticket purchases and engagement with the Website and Services may be used for statistical and analytical purposes to improve the Website and Services and our Customers' experience. This statistical and analytical information is not associated with the personal information of specific Customers.
We may disclose personal information if we are involved in a merger, reorganization, dissolution, or other fundamental corporate change, or sell a website or business unit, or if all or a portion of our business, assets or stock are acquired by a third party. In accordance with applicable laws, we will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any transfer of personal information to an unaffiliated third party in these circumstances.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
The following cookies are deployed on the Website:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide the Website. For example, they are used to authenticate and identify returning users.
- Performance and Functionality Cookies: These cookies provide statistical information on website usage, such as web analytics. They also help us to personalize and enhance your online experience.
We use Google Analytics to track Website views and general/aggregate data on website users. For more information on how Google uses data when of its partners' sites or apps, please visit this webpage. To provide Website visitors more choice on how their data is collected by Google Analytics, Google has developed an Opt-out Browser add-on to enable you to opt-out of Google's programs.
Your Choices and RightsRegistered account holders can access and update their personal information from within their account at any time.
You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information, and you must update any changes through your online account. If you would like us to delete your account in our system, you can do so by sending an email to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request; however, certain information will actively persist on the Website and our systems even if you close your account, including messages you may have posted to the Website. In addition, your personal information may remain in our archives and information you update or delete, or information within a closed account, such as your purchase history, may persist internally or for our administrative or legal purposes. It is not always possible to completely remove or delete information from our systems or databases. In addition, we typically will not remove information you posted publicly through or on the Website. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your account.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Note that we may ask you to provide information to verify your identity and help us locate any personal information we may have.
You should be aware that it may not be technologically possible to remove each and every record of the information you have provided to us from our system. The need to back-up our systems to protect information from inadvertent loss means that a copy of your personal information may exist in a non-erasable form that will be difficult or impossible for us to locate. Any request for deletion is subject to th following:
- Our payment processor may continue to store your billing information, history, and credit card information.
- Our deletion of your personal information from our systems and database does not guarantee its removal from third-party service providers' databases, including those of Google Analytics.
- To ensure we honor your deletion request and that our records are accurate, we may retain your email address or other personal information and record of your deletion request.
Whenever you directly provide us with your personal information, please be sure it is accurate and complete. We cannot be responsible for any information you provide to us that is incomplete or incorrect.
We will not collect, use, or disclose your personal information in any ways or for any purposes that are materially different from those set forth herein. However, if we wish to do so in the future, we will obtain your consent first, and offer you the choice to opt out of such proposed collection, use, or disclosure.
Data Retention and Security
We will retain your personal information for the period of time consistent to provide you with the services you have requested, i.e., as long as you have an account with us, or as long as required to fulfill our legal obligations. Organizers' retention policy and periods may differ and is not determined by us.
We have implemented commercially reasonable security measures and industry standard data practices to protect your personal information. Collected personal information in secured databases at our hosting provider. We do not store credit card information or billing addresses. However, there is always risk inherent to providing information online. To reduce potential exposure, we encourage you to use an email address and password for this Website that is not used anywhere else on the internet.
If you establish an account with us, do not allow others to access and use your account information unless with your permission and supervision. We cannot be responsible for a data breach or other incident if your account is used by unauthorized persons.
Located in the United States
Cymbal and our Website and Services are owned and operated in the United States (US) and are governed by US law. If you are outside the US when you visit the Website, access the Services or engage in communications with us, be aware that your personal information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in the US. Any information you provide to us, or that we collect through your use of the Website and Services, will be stored, processed, and transferred within, or to, the US. Please be aware that the US and jurisdictions other than the one in which you are located may not provide the same level of data protection as the location from which you are accessing the Website and Servicess. Note also that your personal information may be available to the US Government or its agencies under legal processes in the US.
For users in the United States, you must be at least 16 years old to access and use the Website and Services. We do not knowingly collect information from persons under 16 years of age. If you are under 13, you should not access our Website, create an account, or provide any information to us. If you believe that we might have collected any personal information from a child under 16, please contact us as provided below so that we may delete it.
Be advised that Organizers may establish a minimum age to attend an event.
The Website contains links to other websites (such as to Organizers and our third-party payment providers), which may have privacy policies that differ from our own. If you choose to click on a third -party link, you will be directed to that party's website. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
No Rights of Third Parties
These rights are subject to applicable contractual and legal restrictions and reasonable notice. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before honoring any such requests.
Residents of California
For California residents under the age of 18 and registered users of the Website, California law (Business and Professionals Code § 22581) provides that you can request the removal of content or information you posted on the Website. Any such request should be sent to us at either email below along with a description of the posted content or other information to be removed. Be advised, however, that applicable law may not permit us to completely or comprehensively remove your deleted content or for other reasons as set forth in California law.
Pursuant to California's “Shine The Light law (California Statute § 1798.83), California residents are entitled, once a year and free of charge, to request the disclosure of certain categories of personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year, if any. You may request this information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate in the email subject line, “California Shine The Light Request.” Please include your mailing address, state of residence and email address with your request.
Cymbal does not sell, disclose, share or transfer personal information that would constitute a “sale” or “sharing” under the California Consumer Privacy Act (as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act). Moreover, we do not engage in cross-context behavioral advertising.
We do not currently honor browsers' Do Not Track signals with respect to our Website.
Questions about this Policy
447 Sutter St Ste 405 PMB1194
San Francisco, CA 94108 USA